7-Backup - Features at a Glance
- Backup to:
- All commonly used internal or external hard-drives and flash drives
- USB-Sticks and other storage devices
- Iomega Zip-, MO-, and REV-drives, RDX-Drives
- CD, DVD, Blueray-Disc, all types
- Tape drives (DAT, DLT, AIT, DDS)
- backup using Windows:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
both Windows 32- and 64-Bit.
- 7-Backup creates an archive of files and directories, including emails and
7-Backup supports all versions of Microsoft Outlook. The latest releases of Outlook Express (versions 4 and 5) and Mozilla Thunderbird are supported.
- Backup files compressed as a zip file.
Backup files can be saved in a compressed .zip format to minimize required storage space.
- Backup supports 256-bit encryption.
Encode Backup data with the latest 256-bit algorithm, password protection prevents unauthorized access.
- Supports storage in original file format.
Backup archives in the original data format.
- Retreive files from another computer
You can retrieve files from a computer that does not have Backup Software installed.
- Clean-up Backup files.
Clean-up is a 7-Backup feature that frees up storage space on the archive media by synchronously removing files deleted from the working area, from the archive.
- Manual check of Backup accuracy.
The Bit-for-Bit-Backup-Check feature verifies that all files are correctly stored and additionally checks that they may be extracted from the Backup archive.
- Optimized Execution.
Optimized Backup for fast execution.
- Uninterrupted Backup.
State of the art software design ensures practically all files will be archived. If a problem should occur, a report is displayed, and the Backup continues uninterrupted.
- Fully compatible with Windows NTFS.
7-Backup stores all extended file information and attributes ensuring archive files are 100% Windows NTFS compatible. All file protection settings are maintained by 7-Backup and are correctly reinstated during restore. Hierarchical paths of over 32,000 characters are supported.
- Confirmation that all files were included in a Backup.
A list of all backed up files is generated. You have the option of checking the list via the backup interface; or automatically printing the archive list; or receiving the archive list by the email.
- Background execution of Backup.
Continue working undisturbed while 7-Backup executes in the background. The save algorithms are optimized to allow users to continue working uninterrupted.
- Exclude specified files and file types.
You may choose to exclude specific files and file types from a Backup.
- Create desktop shortcuts.
Run backup simply by double clicking on a Windows desktop icon that includes all pre-selected backup settings.
- Backup on an FTP server.
Store archived files on an FTP server supporting SSL.
- Drag and Drop.
Simply Drag and Drop files to add them to a Backup (except Windows Vista and newer).
- Modern graphical user interface.
The user interface conforms to the latest ergonomic design in software development.
- Use of variables in paths such as [dd.mm.yyyy].
Support for variables in archive destination paths to allow the inclusion of date, or an incremental directory name. For example, directory paths can be named D:\Backup Num[1-7] or D:\Backup on [dd.mm.yyyy].
- Restore files to their original location.
Files can be restored back to their original location on the computer, or to another location of the user’s choice.
- Easy Wizard Mode and Expert Modes.
Backup starts in an Easy Wizard Mode allowing even inexperienced PC users, in conjunction with the Backup assistant, to follow a step by step approach to securing their data. Advanced users may decide to use the Expert Mode with full access to all options and settings.
- Automatic scheduling of Backup.
It is possible to plan multiple backup sessions to execute automatically at user-specified times. Choose from the following:
- After computer start up.
- Before shutting computer down.
- After connecting an external storage medium.
- Recurring: minute or hourly intervals.
- When the computer is idle, when the user is not present or when the computer is inactive.
- Predefined days of the week or month.
- Daily, at fixed times.
- Choose a versioned Backup History.
Normally, only the latest file version is stored in the Backup archive. Alternatively, it is possible to store multiple versions of backup files with a history so that any of the earlier versions may be restored by specifying the date and time a particular file was backed up.
- Four alternative algorithms for the archive of corrupted files.
When modifying files with Excel or other software applications, it is possible that files were not correctly terminated when saved. Typical archive software tools cannot correctly archive these corrupted files due to the incorrect handling of non-valid checksums. 7- Backup Software uses four different algorithms so that the archive of corrupted files will almost certainly be successful.
- Deselecting entries that are temporarily not required.
It is possible to deselect files not required in an archive. This also applies to automatic Backup jobs so that only selected files are archived.
- Shut down the PC when Backup has completed.
Start Backup at the end of your working day and set the computer to shut down automatically after Backup is successfully completed.
- Execute Backup in the background on open files.
7-Backup will ensure that all open files from the Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and many others) are correctly archived even while executing in the background.
- Saving Backup data to CD-RW / DVD.
Backup can create an archive on UDF-format CD-RW's or DVD's. When using Windows Vista or Windows 7, Backup can archive data in Windows Live CD format.
- Archiving Open or Locked files.
Using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) from Windows XP, it is possible to backup files that are locked by another software application. For example, 7-Backup can archive all Outlook-emails, even when Outlook is active in the foreground. Even databases may be archived without having to shutdown the database.
Windows 7 Ready